Reflections on Motherhood

As a new mom there are so many transitions and learning curves, at times it feels as though you'll never fully have a handle on this. Yet there are moments of yes I got this! I think that finding space to be gracious with ourselves is key to finding some peace in this motherhood journey. As a new mom your feelings and emotions are all new and overwhelming at times. We find comfort in reading the milestones at 6 weeks you'll be able to start exercise and at 3 months your baby will begin to develop a schedule. I say take these with a grain of salt, allow yourself to slowdown, be gracious and loving to yourself during this time because birth and motherhood are a personal journey. When we start to measure and compare we lose sight of tending to our selves and baby. Your body has been through an amazing event and opened up a new part of yourself, so allow yourself to melt into this amazingly, exhausting and joyous time.

What feels good in me reclaiming back some of myself?

What rituals make me feel whole? (these can be breathing, slow walks, sipping tea)

What foods nourish my body and mind? (soups, bone broth)

Also, remember you have nurtured and grew a human life that enough is amazing! So know it will take time to fully feel like you again, but enjoy the learning and growth happening. Be gracious to yourself.

Comments