Disillusioned inner voice

I am a runner/hiker and yogini so for me movement is key to keeping my energy flowing and staying sane. However, there are many times that when my life is out of balance I rely on my running to shift my shit. So when I get to a trail I start by warming up then go into a jog, but there are some days my body just doesn't feel as strong or fueled to bust out a run. I get that, but my mind begins to interfere by feeding me statements of your not running fast enough. Why can't you run the whole time? Your not improving on your running? Why even come to this running trail if your going to walk part of it? Wow, really I can be so mean to myself. I know we all have this dialogue playing out in our minds constantly.

So, why do we have to allow this disillusioned inner voice wreck havoc on our lives. Well we don't and we won't! Lets deconstruct the power it has over us!

1. The reason this even plays out is because are comparing ourselves to another or the other us.
2. When this voice gets loud for me it's telling me to slow down and be more compassionate to myself.
3.  I also practice meditating by visualizing my aspirations. In addition I do breath which forces me to focus to one thing my breath. These for me take me inside and remind me to be grateful.

Would love to hear if you have any tools that help you deconstruct the power of the disillusioned voice!    

Comments