Transitions and nourishment

In life there are a multitude of transitions both big and small. This past year has been a big transition for me with giving birth to my daughter. The ride has provided many ups and downs and because of that I have had to slow down and listen to not only my needs but the needs of this new human being in my life. As with any transition you have to relearn your boundaries and your nourishing traditions that keep you full. This has been a constant process for me and I've hit exhaustion both mental and physical but I'm learning.

I believe that nourishment looks different for everybody. I have come to find that there are certain things that must happen in order for me to feel nourished and full. These daily practices help me to handle the ups and downs of life.

I wake up and have my french press coffee, strong and dark to nourish my senses and wake the body. While nap time is happening I read a daily message from Yoga on the Mat and do a 2-5 minute meditation. Then I get in 10-15 minutes of yoga and some days its gentle and others its more of a flow. The last thing I do before my day is done I move my body in nature with a hike or run. I am very lucky to live 10 minutes from a woodsy hiking trail.

I feel that as woman were doing for everyone in our lives so when we take time to slowdown and nourish ourselves this empowers us to live a full life. We deserve a nourished soul that allows us to be present, make choices that fuel our desires and feel rooted in ourselves.


 

Comments